KITING FOR KIDS ALBERNI VALLEY 2017
Welcome to the Kiting for Kids Alberni Valley 2017 page!
Kiting for kids Alberni Valley 2017 is being hosted by South Port Kiteboarding and is a fundraising event for the BC Children's Hospital. We are also celebrating the 50th anniversary of the amalgamation of Port Alberni and Alberni townships. We are hosting three events over the summer and they are as follows:
There are no fees involved to join our event however you must register and sign our waiver to participate. Should you wish to participate we encourage you to go out and gather donations or pledges for your participation as this is the backbone of our fundraising platform. When registering please indicate which events you will be participating in to help us in our planning.
IT IS CRITICAL TO REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE at:
Once you are registered we will set up a unique page for you on the BC Children’s donation page so you can put up you personal profile information and pictures (if you wish). This is also critical for your sponsors/pledgers to be able to select your name when donating.
Our fundraising format is as follows:
- Registered Riders to gather pledges for their sponsored participation
- Donations/Pledges will be done through the children’s hospital online donation page provided by the Children’s hospital Foundation. There are links on each event page that brings you to the donation Page…just follow the instructions from there. This will allow us 100% transparency and 100% proceeds to the foundation, it will also allow easy access to those donating to get a tax receipt.
- Riders ensure you are registered and tell your donors to select your name on the main donation page so we can track your donations for honorable mentions
- Fundraising Kettles will be at event site for Spectators and By passers to donate
- Proceeds from the kettles will be submitted through the Foundation Page after the final event is held.
All Corporate/Business sponsors of this event offering cash donations will receive their logo and a link to their business on our event sponsor page.
We hope to see you here this summer!